What if you suddenly became sick or hurt and were unable to work to provide the income for the basic necessities of life?
- Would you be able to pay for your mortgage or rent payments?
- Would you be able to pay your other debts each month?
- Would you be able to pay for your utility payments, food, etc.
- Would you have to draw upon your long-term investments to meet your daily living expenses?
- Would saving for retirement end?
- Would a child’s college education be in jeopardy?
Whether it’s supporting your daily living expenses today or funding your retirement savings for tomorrow, your ability to earn an income is your most important financial asset.
Many people purchase life insurance to help protect their families should they die prematurely. According to data from the Society of Actuaries, people who are in their working years run a much greater risk of being disabled for at least 90 days or more than they do from dying before they reach retirement.
Most people think disabilities are caused by accidents, when in reality the majority of disabilities are caused by illness.
Many people don’t realize how easy it is to become disabled.
A lengthy disability can be devastating, and is more common than one might think.
1Sources: Society of Actuaries Individual Disability Experience Committee 1999 Preliminary Table; Society of Actuaries 2001 Valuation Basic Table
Call us today to get additional disability insurance coverage on top of your group coverage.